Long acrylic nails are constantly in style and they are one of my favourite nail styles to wear, although they are a gorgeous way to wear your nails there are defiantly certain struggles that go along with having long acrylic nails.
In no particular order, here are 15 of the most annoying struggles of having long acrylic nails.
1. Putting on any type of jewellery that has a clasp. You can forget about clasping your favourite necklace or bracelet with long acrylic nails on, because it's either an impossible task, or it will take you a good 30 minutes to try and get the piece of jewellery on and you still might not succeed. The best thing to do is pray you have a friend available to help you or with some luck you manage to clasp it.
2. Typing on a keyboard. You either have to type with the top of your fingernails themselves, or you have to use the pads of your fingers. Also, be prepared for all the spelling mistakes you are about to make after hitting the wrong key all the time!
3. The amount of noise you make when texting and typing. Your friends and family are probably constantly annoyed from hearing your nails tapping away on your phone screen or keyboard, whilst you are probably immune to this noise now it probably annoys everyone around you.
4. Retrieving your bankcard from the ATM slot. This really needs no explanation to how frustrating this issue is!
5. Putting on tights. Managing to successful put on a pair of tights without ripping a hole in it or causing there to be a big ladder running down one leg, seems to be an impossible task
6. Opening any sort of can. You have to use the side of your finger to try and open the can to avoid breaking your nail
7. Wearing gloves. Your gloves used to fit perfectly but now they don’t, so you're either forced to wear mittens or be prepared to have your nails poking out the top of your gloves.
8. Applying false lashes. This is a hard task to do with short nails, but with long nails its extremely difficult unless your one of the blessed people who can apply false lashes under any circumstances.
9. Picking up coins from the counter or the floor. Have you ever dropped a coin on the ground and actually considered leaving it there because you know for certain you won’t be able to pick it up without struggling? Don’t worry you aren’t the only one.
10. Peeling off a sticker or a label. Is so frustrating and basically nearly impossible so just leave the label where it is.
11. You accidentally scratch people all the time. People that know you, are always scared you are going to accidentally scratch or poke them.
12. Breaking a nail is literally one of your worst nightmares. After dealing with the pain of breaking a nail, you then have to make an emergency appointment to the nail salon to fix it because you don’t want to walk around with 9 long nails and 1 short broken one.
13. Wearing and removing contact lenses is a pain. Just the constant fear of accidentally poking yourself in the eye with your nail is enough to make you forget about putting in contacts
14. Getting food and moisturiser stuck under your nails. Constantly having to clean under your nails after you apply cream to your body or after eating a particular food. This is probably one of the most annoying struggles of having long nails.
15. Holding a pen or pencil. If you have to write anything using a pen or pencil you have certainly discovered a new way of holding your pencil and pen as this is a new task all in itself.
BUT all these problems are worth it in the end because they make your fingers look amazing!!
Nails, beauty, fashion and more nails...